By Sofia Kekukh, SMM & Partnership Manager at GDBAY
Virtual reality (VR) development is growing at an incredibly fast rate. Global revenue within the VR gaming industry is forecast to grow to 2.4 billion U.S. dollars by 2024. Moreover, the global consumer market for VR is set to grow considerably in the following years. According to global technology and telecommunication research experts, market size is expected to rise to more than 5 billion U.S. dollars by 2023. And nowhere is VR more integrated into the culture than in gaming.
Developers create intricate VR worlds and immerse gamers in a wide variety of experiences, from scaling mountains to exploring the ocean floor, from engaging adventures to edge-of-your-seat horror. However, VR game developers are often in need of publishers and investors. If that sounds like you, let’s go through our guide to pitching a VR game to investors.
Before pitching your project, start by asking yourself a few basic questions.
- Do you believe in your idea?
- Do you have a playable demo that shows how the game feels?
- Do you know what makes your game worth publishers’ and investors’ attention?
- Do you know what budget you need to finish a VR project?
- Do you know when you will release your VR game?
If all your answers are “Yes,” congratulations! You’re ready to pitch your project. If not, it’s time to go back to the drawing board. These are the questions investors will inevitably ask, and you need to know the answers.
Five tips to pitch a VR game to investors
- Get to know the VR customer market, especially your game’s genre. Play both successful and unsuccessful games in this genre, and try to understand what makes them successful or not.
- Know your competitors and be ready to answer the question, what differentiates your VR game from theirs?
- Know your potential audience. Have a plan for how you are going to engage and retain your players.
- Always ask for feedback and try to improve your pitch.
- Practice your pitching skills. The more you practice, and grow comfortable with your pitch, the more confident you are.
If you have a VR game to pitch but don’t know how to access potential investors, join Global Games Pitch to:
- get an online PRO pass with mentorship assistance to get valuable tips on how to pitch your game and make it a hit
- apply for a pitching slot at VR Track and get an opportunity to pitch your game specifically to VR games publishers and investors
- stay connected with VR publishers and investors all year round